- Information Overload
- Garage Analogy - We start with good intentions and then we have mess.
- Might Use it in the Future - And yes this is true, but even worse than items in garage, information is unique and not always replaceable.
- Information Grows Organically - That's the challenge, things move.
- Multiply with a Team - People have different views, somebody moves your stuff, only you know where your things are and sometimes you forget.
- Key Requirements and Recommended Solution
- Easy to Use
- Confluence - Special Non-profit license, Enterprise Class (secure, scalable, easy to upgrade, easy to backup and restore, ect...), Editor that actually works.
- Knowledge Management in Action
- Let's Make a Movie - Use sample site
- Editing - Easy WYSIWYG, Collaboration, History, Comments, Macro Table of Contents.
- Smart Links - Shows organic growth, don't need to have it right the first time.
- Searching - Looks inside of attachments too, tags.
- Permissions - Directors looking at business cases and budgets.
- Online Drawings - Gliffy.
- Lough and Barnes - Demonstrate how Lough and Barnes is using the wiki.
- More Feature Highlights (this slide is for takeaway only, do not discuss items unless asked)
- Includes - include often used information in multiple documents but modify in one place
- Email Notifications - ...
- Attachments - search-able, drag and drop to upload
- Dynamic Menu
- Sortable Tables
- Image Galleries
- Segregation of Spaces (Sites)
- Macros - Show and Hide Content, Annotations, Attachment List, ect...
- Support for Analytics integration
- Custom Look and Feel
- Customizable Code
- Integration Atlassian Family of Products (Notably Crowd and JIRA)
- Try It Yourself
- Resets - every two days