This is a cookbook to build and manage enterprise Information Technology solutions focusing on open source and to democratizing technology.
The name Bonsai Framework references a Bonsai approach to cultivation of technology trees to,
Stay pruned and shaped with proven techniques over time.
Combine key foundational patterns into adaptable solutions.
The framework prioritizes by SecOpsDev - Security (Zero Trust), Operations (Day 2), Dev (Keeping it Simple).
Don't be afraid to give feedback messaging me through LinkedIn.
WHERE TO START?
Know Your Basics
You should understand the following,
- Fundamentals of directories and files.
- Be able to edit text files at the command line.
- Basic understanding of how a Web Server works.
Servers and Hosting
How to setup enterprise class operations and infrastructure from a DevOps and OpsDev perspective.
Setup Ubuntu - Minimal setup. Recommend practicing inside virtual machine.
Setup Apache - The very first thing to get going on the Internet
Virtual Hosting with Apache Server - Multiple websites on one web server.
Practical application of the tutorials,
- Confluence - Setup your own Knowledge Management website (what you currently see here).
- Plex - Setup your own streaming media server.
Get a good understanding of virtualization options and technologies fundamental to Cloud.
LXC - Core understanding of container based virtualization towards Cloud.
LXC with Advanced Networking - Understand under the hoods of how the internal virtualization network works.
Docker in Relation to LXC - How your LXC learnings apply to Docker.
Hypervisor - Select and run a virtualization infrastructure at home.
Journey to Cloud
Cloud Stack - Currently trying to process the good enough cloud stack for the Bonsai Framework.
Path to Cloud - In flight progressive journey to moving the Cloud.
Cloud Density - Reduce cost of Cloud through isolation technology and techniques.
Is This Software?
No. These are techniques to selecting, connecting and customizing technologies. At the same time, written to educate and provide practical context.
Anybody can look up how to build a system or house, but the intent here is to be organized, include tricks of the trade and exercised documentation.
The material is curated to create a low maintenance enterprise technology tree. Like a Bonsai Tree, it starts simple (fast) but can easily be grown within established patterns.
Is This Open Source?
Can I Contribute Beyond Anonymous Comments?
Sure, send me a LinkedIn message and I will create you an ID.
Can I Download the Website?
What About Development Notes?
Yes, I've got lots but the effort to rewrite and modernize is not something I have time for right now. I've had a number of requests, so I may put up some overall concepts and practices.
When did you start?
1996 with the Confluence edition started (minus Dev notes) Jan 2010.
- JPEG File Explorer 2 Easylink.jpg
- Making All My Watch Bracelets Adjustable
- JPEG File Direct Purchase Easylink.jpg
- JPEG File Rolex Easylink Attached.jpgTin Pham (Dec 29, 2019)
- JPEG File rolex-glidelock-extension-system.jpgTin Pham (Dec 29, 2019)
- Questions to After Market Bracelet Dealers
- JPEG File Rolex Easylink 5mm B32-20193-D1 CAL 104267137 Brushed Finish 2 of 2.jpeg
- JPEG File Rolex Easylink 5mm B32-20193-D1 CAL 104267137 Brushed Finish 1 of 2.jpeg
- Watch Dress CodeTin Pham (Dec 22, 2019)
- Fun 2.1 Framing and Preserving Movie PostersTin Pham (Dec 18, 2019)
- JPEG File IMG_2283.jpgTin Pham (Dec 18, 2019)
- Mounting Shared Folders on LinuxTin Pham (Dec 15, 2019)
- 7.0 HostingTin Pham (Dec 08, 2019)
- Proportional Watch Dial SizesTin Pham (Dec 07, 2019)
- Dash CamTin Pham (Nov 12, 2019)
- Servicing My Vintage 1950s Omega Seamaster White Waffle DialTin Pham (Nov 10, 2019)
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Watch to Wrist Ratio Math v0.2.xlsxTin Pham (Nov 06, 2019)
- Fun 2.2 WatchesTin Pham (Nov 06, 2019)
- Custom Leather Watch StrapTin Pham (Nov 04, 2019)
- Buying My Next Watch ResearchTin Pham (Oct 28, 2019)