This is a cookbook to build and manage enterprise Information Technology solutions focusing on open source and to democratizing technology.
The name Bonsai Framework references a Bonsai approach to cultivation of technology trees to,
Stay pruned and shaped with proven techniques over time.
Combine key foundational patterns into adaptable solutions.
The framework prioritizes by SecOpsDev - Security (Zero Trust), Operations (Day 2), Dev (Keeping it Simple).
Don't be afraid to give feedback messaging me through LinkedIn.
WHERE TO START?
Know Your Basics
You should understand the following,
- Fundamentals of directories and files.
- Be able to edit text files at the command line.
- Basic understanding of how a Web Server works.
Servers and Hosting
How to setup enterprise class operations and infrastructure from a DevOps and OpsDev perspective.
Setup Ubuntu - Minimal setup. Recommend practicing inside virtual machine.
Setup Apache - The very first thing to get going on the Internet
Virtual Hosting with Apache Server - Multiple websites on one web server.
Practical application of the tutorials,
- Confluence - Setup your own Knowledge Management website (what you currently see here).
- Plex - Setup your own streaming media server.
Get a good understanding of virtualization options and technologies fundamental to Cloud.
LXC - Core understanding of container based virtualization towards Cloud.
LXC with Advanced Networking - Understand under the hoods of how the internal virtualization network works.
Docker in Relation to LXC - How your LXC learnings apply to Docker.
Hypervisor - Select and run a virtualization infrastructure at home.
Journey to Cloud
Cloud Stack - Currently trying to process the good enough cloud stack for the Bonsai Framework.
Path to Cloud - In flight progressive journey to moving the Cloud.
Cloud Density - Reduce cost of Cloud through isolation technology and techniques.
Is This Software?
No. These are techniques to selecting, connecting and customizing technologies. At the same time, written to educate and provide practical context.
Anybody can look up how to build a system or house, but the intent here is to be organized, include tricks of the trade and exercised documentation.
The material is curated to create a low maintenance enterprise technology tree. Like a Bonsai Tree, it starts simple (fast) but can easily be grown within established patterns.
Is This Open Source?
Can I Contribute Beyond Anonymous Comments?
Sure, send me a LinkedIn message and I will create you an ID.
Can I Download the Website?
What About Development Notes?
Yes, I've got lots but the effort to rewrite and modernize is not something I have time for right now. I've had a number of requests, so I may put up some overall concepts and practices.
When did you start?
1996 with the Confluence edition started (minus Dev notes) Jan 2010.
- Renovation Organization ListTin Pham (Oct 14, 2019)
- Custom Leather Watch StrapTin Pham (Oct 13, 2019)
- JPEG File Oris-Quick-Release.jpgTin Pham (Oct 13, 2019)
- 4.1a Misc Linux CommandsRoderick Fong Yee (Oct 08, 2019)
- Fun 2.1 Framing and Preserving Movie Posters
- 0FS (Zero Footprint Software)
- 9.5 Desktop Security
- S.x DOS and DDOS Mitigation
- 7.0 HostingTin Pham (Sep 16, 2019)
- Buying My Next Watch Research
- JPEG File 5287E230-5843-4CD9-834F-25F385160148.jpg
- JPEG File ABAA1BE9-178E-4EA9-9796-38A03D9A545C.jpg
- JPEG File 62214994_142254983508532_645626456146511660_n.jpg
- JPEG File 62245731_118696859381633_8183890390353693709_n.jpg
- JPEG File 64751931_645009242577588_6712205512788557612_n.jpg
- JPEG File Clean Alligator Fold.jpg
- JPEG File Glossy Dark Brown Alligator Watch Strap.jpg
- JPEG File Crocodile Strap Bad Scale Damage.jpg
- 8.0 Confluence 6.x SetupTin Pham (Aug 28, 2019)