This is a cookbook to build and manage enterprise Information Technology solutions focusing on open source and to democratizing technology.
The name Bonsai Framework references a Bonsai approach to cultivation of technology trees to,
Stay pruned and shaped with proven techniques over time.
Combine key foundational patterns into adaptable solutions.
Don't be afraid to give feedback messaging me through LinkedIn. I write these notes in my spare time so they are far from perfect.
WHERE TO START?
Know Your Basics
You should understand the following,
- Fundamentals of directories and files.
- Be able to edit text files at the command line.
- Basic understanding of how a Web Server works.
Servers and Hosting
How to setup enterprise class operations and infrastructure from a DevOps and OpsDev perspective.
Setup Ubuntu - Minimal setup. Recommend practicing inside virtual machine.
Setup Apache - The very first thing to get going on the Internet
Virtual Hosting with Apache Server - Multiple websites on one web server.
Practical application of the tutorials,
- Confluence - Setup your own Knowledge Management website (what you currently see here).
- Plex - Setup your own streaming media server.
Get a good understanding of virtualization options and technologies fundamental to Cloud.
LXC - Core understanding of container based virtualization towards Cloud.
LXC with Advanced Networking - Understand under the hoods of how the internal virtualization network works.
Docker in Relation to LXC - How your LXC learnings apply to LXC.
Hypervisor - Select and run a virtualization infrastructure at home.
Journey to Cloud
Cloud Stack - Currently trying to process the good enough cloud stack for the Bonsai Framework.
Path to Cloud - In progressive journey to moving the Cloud.
Cloud Density - Reduce cost of Cloud through isolation technology and techniques.
Is This Software?
No. These are techniques to selecting, connecting and customizing technologies. At the same time, written to educate and provide practical context.
Anybody can look up how to build a system or house, but the intent here is to be organized, include tricks of the trade and exercised documentation.
The material is curated to create a low maintenance enterprise technology tree. Like a Bonsai Tree, it starts simple (fast) but can easily be grown within established patterns.
Is This Open Source?
Can I Contribute Beyond Anonymous Comments?
Sure, send me a LinkedIn message and I will create you an ID.
Can I Download the Website?
What About Development Notes?
Yes, I've got lots but the effort to rewrite and modernize is not something I have time for right now. I've had a number of requests, so I may put up some overall concepts and practices.
When did you start?
1996 with the Confluence edition started (minus Dev notes) Jan 2010.
- HomeTin Pham (yesterday at 1:40 PM)
- 4.4 Apache and SSL CertificatesTin Pham (Jul 15, 2018)
- Framing and Preserving Movie PostersTin Pham (Jul 15, 2018)
- JPEG File posters21.jpg
- JPEG File t2fplugyfnwz.jpg
- JPEG File fkroAbi.jpg
- JPEG File star_wars_return_of_jedi_poster_with_frame_1514790847_b1e0ca06.jpg
- 9.1 Software Picks - Mac OS XTin Pham (Jul 10, 2018)
- 6.x Media Player PlexTin Pham (Jul 08, 2018)
- 7.0 HostingTin Pham (Jul 05, 2018)
- Antique PrintsTin Pham (Jun 26, 2018)
- Cloning Solaris 10 ZonesTin Pham (Jun 19, 2018)
- Setup Homebrew While Using Unprivileged AccountTin Pham (Jun 09, 2018)
- Re: 4.0 Setup 0FS ApacheTin Pham (Apr 14, 2018)
- Graphics Design Art ProjectTin Pham (Apr 06, 2018)
- JPEG File Example_Kids_Pictures.jpg
- JPEG File Ryan_Colour_IMG_0379.jpg
- JPEG File Josephine_Colour_IMG_0367.jpg
- ProgrammingTin Pham (Mar 18, 2018)
- PDF File IBM Advanced DAO Programming.pdfTin Pham (Mar 18, 2018)